To our friends and customers,
First and foremost, we want to send you our wishes for the health and safety of you and your family, and our thanks for your continued patronage. As a company, Softcom is adjusting to these unprecedented circumstances we face as a community, a nation and the world. We know that the service we provide is essential during these times, and we are committed to continuing to serve our customers in a safe and responsible manner in our offices, in your homes and businesses, and throughout our community.
As a result of shelter in place directives issued by the State of California, more people are working, learning, and entertaining themselves at home and finding their need for fast and reliable internet increasingly essential. Due to increased demand we are experiencing a dramatic number of new customer sign-ups and existing customer upgrades.
We are truly grateful for our customers and are focused on balancing our obligation of providing internet service with the safety and well-being of our staff, our customers, and the communities we live in and serve. To that end, we are taking the following measures to ensure the health of our staff and customers and meet the increasing demands on our company that we have seen over the past several weeks:
- Implementing a work-from-home schedule for a number of customer service and technical support team members to reduce the risk of possible exposure.
- Restricting business travel for company employees to essential travel only.
- Increased sanitization and cleaning routines in our facility and instructing our staff to use good hygiene practices, including frequent handwashing.
- Providing hand sanitizer, gloves and other necessary personal protective equipment to all employees working in the field for when they service homes and businesses.
- Only entering a customer premises when absolutely necessary.
- Requiring customers give our field technicians a 6-foot perimeter to perform any service inside a customer’s home or business.
- Allowing a field technician to immediately terminate any work at a premise in which someone appears to be sick.
- Requiring employees to stay home with full pay if they have any signs of illness.
- Fast tracking the training of newly hired technicians to handle the dramatic increase in demand for our services.
- Expedite ongoing infrastructure buildouts to help absorb increased demand in bandwidth to ensure that all of our customers can work from home, participate in online learning, engage in telehealth with your medical professionals, and engage in home entertainment activities.
We also ask that you please be patient with us; the level of demand on our staff has increased exponentially because of this calamity. You may experience extended hold times to speak to us on the phone and longer lead times on field technician visits. We assure you that we are working as hard as we possibly can and have all available resources engaged to provide each customer with the attention that they need.
We remain focused on providing the very best in service to our community and COVID-19 has only sharpened our resolve to be a partner and a friend in helping our customers stay connected with work, school, friends, family and the world.
Be safe, be healthy, and we’ll share updates here and on our social media as they happen.
Kevin M. Triplett
President & CEO
Softcom Internet Communications, Inc.