This past year has been filled with milestones for us. One of the most satisfying is the remarkable bond we’ve built with our customers since we launched 25 years ago. As we move into a New Year we’d like to thank you for your insight, feedback and support along the way. Throughout the year you’ve let us know what is interesting and important to you through every click on our blog, website or social media. In fact, we thought it would be fun to round up the Top 10 most popular articles of the past year. If you missed any, here’s your chance to catch up.
- Understanding Email Phishing and How to Outsmart it: Ignoring emails from financiers in Kenya promising shipments of gold is pretty easy. But when an email arrives from a business you work with, a close friend, or colleague asking you to click on a link about your job, your account, or this weekend’s party, what do you do?
- The Truth About Unlimited Plans: There’s a trend in the market today of big-name carriers offering “unlimited” data plans that seem like the perfect answer for heavy internet users. Promises of never-ending data may sound great, but before you answer the siren call of data without limits, be sure to take a closer look at what you’ll really get.
- Slow Internet? Here’s What To Do: While we do everything we can to assure that our customers here at Softcom get the best – and fastest – service possible, keeping things working here at Softcom is only one part of the equation – your own equipment needs to be working properly for you to have the best internet experience. We know there are other factors that can affect speed, too, so put together a quick checklist to go through when slow internet speeds get you down.
- New Towers, Technology, and Service Areas coming in 2017: Here at Softcom we’re kind of obsessed with finding ways to make our network better, faster and stronger than ever. For our customers, that’s a good thing. We’ve been providing network service since 1994, back in the days of dial-up internet. Remember that annoying sound? It took years to get that out of our heads! Since those days we’ve remained dedicated to our customers and community, always seeking out new ways to get them connected with new towers and technology, even when they live in areas that other companies won’t go. Twenty-two years later and counting, we’re pretty proud of what we’ve built, and still on the path to make it even greater.
- Internet Not Working? Before You Call For Help, Check This: Nothing’s more frustrating than when you’re right in the middle of a dramatic show, an important video chat, or super competitive game and – bam! – your internet stops working. While we do everything we can here at Softcom to ensure that your connection is fast, strong, and steady, the occasional outage can happen. Did you know, though, that often the cause of an internet outage can easily be fixed by the user at home?
- Announcing Significant Technology Upgrades At Softcom Headquarters: We’re excited to share that after months of hard work (neither rain, nor mud, nor more rain could hold us back!) we’ve finally completed a cutting-edge technology upgrades for our primary tower at the Network Operations Center here in Galt.
- Five Must Haves For A Productive Home Office: If you have the opportunity to work from home, and want the best results for your efforts, it’s important to set up your office for maximum productivity from the start.
- How To Keep Your Family Safe On The Internet: The internet has drastically changed the way that people of every age interact with the world around them. Children now have a wealth of educational and social opportunities at their fingertips. Adults can work, shop, and connect with friends and family members all over the world. There are truly many wonders online, but there are also a vast number of dangers and pitfalls that lie in wait as well.
- Softcom Announces New Upgrades To Kettleman Tower: We’re pleased to announce a series of new upgrades on the Kettleman Tower, one of the Softcom facilities that serve our customers in the region encompassing the south part of Clements and the north part of Linden.
- Our Commitment to Your Privacy: Regardless of what goes on in Washington, we feel that we should make our own position known on the internet privacy issue.
Did you learn something new and valuable? Are there experiences or ideas you’d like to share with us as we plan for our best year yet? Please let us know through our website contact form at https://www.softcom.net/contact/ or by calling (800) 982-7675 or 1-(888)-4-SOFTCOM.