If you’re new to the area, or new to Softcom, and wonder what it takes to get set up for high-speed internet access here in the San Joaquin Valley area, here’s what you need to know.
Softcom currently provides internet service to the following cities: Acampo, Clements, Collierville, Courtland, East Stockton, Elk Grove, Galt, Herald, Isleton, Lake Camanche, Lockeford, Lodi, Morada, North Stockton, Thornton, Victor, Walnut Grove, Wilton, Woodbridge, and Youngstown. If you live in those cities or the surrounding areas, you can check to see if you fall within our service boundaries by checking the map on our website. Even if it seems that you fall outside the boundaries, don’t give up. Please call our customer service team and they will check. We are constantly adding new towers and upgrading our equipment in order to give our customers the best service as we expand our range.
When you call customer service, here’s what will happen:
- A customer service team member will first verify if your home or business is within coverage range
- They will then help you identify the best plan that will work for you, talking about the types of devices that will be used, as well as amount and frequency of use. Devices can include such things as smart TVs, security system cameras, gaming consoles, laptops, etc. Type of use and frequency will be things like working from home, children using computers for school, etc.
- Next will be scheduling an installation appointment.
- For all installations, we first conduct a site survey to confirm that you are geographically in a location that can receive a strong wireless signal from one of our towers. We will not install service if we do not have a good signal or line of sight to the nearest tower. There can be obstructions in the line of sight like distant trees, a neighbor’s barn, etc. If we are unable to receive a signal, or if you change your mind or don’t like where we have to install the equipment in order to receive a signal, we will provide a full refund of any deposits made.
- Once we install the equipment at your location, we configure and connect the router. You can rent a Softcom Smart Router from us or purchase one of your own.
- We won’t leave until we know everything is working properly. If you require assistance at that time with connecting devices to your new wireless signal, our field techs will be happy to help.
- If you have a business, farm, vineyard, large property or anything else that requires a custom installation, please let us know. Designing, building, installing and managing custom Wifi networks is something we provide here at Softcom. We take the time to meet with each customer to learn more about their business, assess their requirements, and understand how they use Wifi to support their business. For more information please see: Custom Wifi Setups for Your Unique Business Needs.
As a result of the COVID-19 crises, we are taking measures to ensure the health of our staff and customers as we continue to provide internet access that is even more critical now than ever. Working from home, home schooling, and quarantine conditions are making internet access a necessity, especially for those who are at-risk and wish to do as much as possible remotely from the safety of their home. For more information about how we are dealing with this time company-wide, please see How Softcom is responding to COVID-19.
For more details about Softcom’s services, please see the FAQ page on our website that provides answers to many common questions.
If you would like to inquire about Softcom high speed internet service for homes and businesses near you, please call (800) 982-7675 or visit the office in person at 545 Industrial Drive #195 in Galt, CA. We’re happy to help!