This year was definitely one for the books. But the bottom line is that we stuck the course, stayed true to our mission of putting our customers first, and continued to provide the best service we can. So as we say goodbye to 2020, we thought we’d take a look back at the best we shared. Miss anything? Here’s your chance to catch up.
Online safety and security
We’re always looking out for our customers and community, so we often share articles that not only give you knowledge to understand what’s going on out there, but information to take action to protect your home, family and business.
- NYT Investigation Unveils Shocking Smartphone Tracking Practices: Most of us have wondered, at one time or another, if smartphone tracking is being done to us. The answer? Everyone is tracked, no matter where they are. And all of that information is available to pretty much anyone who knows how to access it.
- Safe Internet Tips for Online Security: Education and awareness are two of the most powerful tools that we all have, as long as we use them. To help you protect your home, business and family from cybercrime, we rounded up the best of our resources here – for home, for business and even for the holidays.
- FBI warns that CA among top 3 states targeted by COVID-19 scammers: According to the FBI, the coronavirus isn’t the only danger people need to be watching out for these days as cybercriminals focus their attacks on the top 3 states with highest infection rates.
The COVID-19 pandemic
While mainstream news constantly shared pandemic stats and medical information, we jumped at the chance to address other ways the coronavirus is affecting our community.
- What is COVID-19: Details and mythbusters about the Coronavirus
- Social distancing survival guide
- How hackers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 crisis
- How the pandemic is changing the internet
2020 also was a big year when it came to politics. If mainstream media wasn’t talking about the pandemic, it was all about politics. We tried to bring you the most useful information we could, to empower you to make the best, informed decisions.
Just plain useful and informative
If it’s useful, and it will help our customers and community, we like to write about it. Articles like the following were also some of the most-read for our blog in 2020.
- How power outages affect your internet access
- The hidden dangers of pop-up internet providers
- How to choose the best router for Softcom service
- How COVID-19 is affecting internet availability for work and school at home
Did you learn something new and valuable? Are there experiences or ideas you’d like to share with us as we plan for 2021? Please let us know. You can contact us using the Contact Page on our website, through our Facebook page, or by calling (800) 982-7675 or 1-(888)-4-SOFTCOM.